When we’ve had bookings in the past, I’ve had to do the following things (not necessarily in this order):

o write the details into my computer’s calendar

o write the details into a spreadsheet

o open an Illustrator file and change the boxes on the calendar manually, copy and paste it into a Photoshop document, save it as a png, open an ftp program(me), copy the new file into the right folder, and refresh the page

o check it all works

This obviously left me wide open to a major panic when our computer got fried by lightning. It was a while before I realised much of the data was stored in the iCloud and could still be read, but my system was obviously far too complicated. I persevered for the rest of the 2013 season but, now it’s time to start thinking about next year, something had to change.

I spent literally a few minutes online and found a link in a forum that mentioned date blocker. I’ve spent literally some more minutes doing a test calendar that I offer you (and me – it’s mainly for me to be honest) as a trial. I’ve been given some code (one for embedding and one for a link) and I’m pasting them below. Let’s see what happens now.

Mustardseed

UPDATE
OK, the embedded code didn’t appear. I’ve now added the other two yurts, so here’s the new code for embedded and link. Remember, ladies and gentlemen, this is a test. There is no need to be alarmed.

Link code:
View availability

Embed (iframe – whatever that is) code:

ANOTHER UPDATE
That embed code just doesn’t want to play. But the link works. The calendar is clear, functional, but not pretty. I’ll sit with this for a while.

AND ANOTHER UPDATE
I ended up re-designing the whole website in WordPress. The calendar plug-in I use there cost about $29 and can be customised up to a point.

Advertisements