Two reasons I’m quite happy we didn’t have any guests for our first week of being open this year (yuk – wouldn’t want to edit that sentence): 1) It rained pretty much all week, with only a couple of days of glorious sunshine; and 2) the tree bog wasn’t finished.

On that second point, I’ve made significant progress despite the rain. Which wasn’t really that heavy. (And I’ve promised never to be upset about rain again, fearing a second super-dry Spring and a second year of No Hay for the big animals that live around here.)

During the week, the tree bog went through this…


To this…


I had to make a few adjustments along the way. One of which was the wind braces that were attached to the outside of the roof frame – which became a problem when the walls had to go all the way to the top. I think they look even better now – very organic and not a little bit Lórien-like…


Another of which was decreasing the size of the sitting area, tweaking the joists and bracing everything…


Very exciting next stage is laying the floor, finishing the seating area and plumbing in the sink. Then it’s hooks, hanging plants, steps and doors (but not necessarily in that order). Oh, and a long string of solar fairy lights, connecting the tree bog to the solar shower.

More on that later…

Advertisements